|Event Name: Design Solution Through an APP||Event Date: 08th & 9th June 2023|
|Faculty Coordinators: Dr. Neetu Kamra & Prof. Neha Issar||Event Timings: 01:30 PM|
|Participants: 45||Venue: Online(June 8th) and Offline(June 9th)|
To apply design thinking methodologies, which involve empathizing with the target users, defining the problem, ideating potential solutions, prototyping, and testing.
The Grey Matter Club organized an engaging and informative event titled "Design Solution Through an APP" for MBA students. The event took place online and offline and aimed to enhance the participants' understanding of design thinking principles and their practical application in developing mobile applications.
The event consisted of two rounds, and teams from various MBA programs participated enthusiastically. In the first round, each team was required to submit a detailed proposal outlining their app concept, target audience, and design thinking approach. The submissions showcased a wide range of innovative ideas and demonstrated the participants' creativity and problem-solving skills.
After careful evaluation, a panel of judges selected the top teams to advance to the final round. The criteria for selection included the clarity of the app concept, user-centric design, feasibility, and the application of design thinking methodologies. These teams were invited to present their ideas in a virtual format during the final round.
During the final round, the selected teams delivered compelling presentations, showcasing their comprehensive understanding of design thinking principles. They highlighted their user research, ideation process, prototyping, and user testing methods. Each team presented a unique app concept that addressed real-world problems and demonstrated the potential for success.
The judges faced a challenging task in selecting the winners, as all the teams exhibited remarkable efforts and creativity. The "Design Solution Through an APP" event provided an excellent platform for MBA students to apply their business acumen, creativity, and problem-solving skills. It encouraged innovative thinking and demonstrated the importance of user-centric design in mobile application development. The event served as a valuable learning experience and inspired the participants to embrace design thinking methodologies in their future endeavors.
1. The "Design Solution Through an APP" event for MBA students of the Grey Matter Club resulted in the following learning outcomes:
Understanding of Design Thinking Principles: Participants gained a comprehensive understanding of the principles and methodologies of design thinking. They learned how to empathize with users, define problems, ideate solutions, prototype, and iterate based on user feedback.
2. Practical Application of Design Thinking: Through the event, students had the opportunity to apply design thinking principles in a real-world context. They learned how to identify user needs, develop user personas, and create innovative solutions that address specific challenges.
3. Enhancing Creativity and Problem-Solving Skills: The event fostered creativity and encouraged participants to think outside the box. They learned how to generate and evaluate multiple ideas, find unique solutions, and tackle complex problems through a user-centered approach.
4. Collaboration and Teamwork: The event promoted teamwork and collaboration among the MBA students. Participants worked in teams, leveraging each other's strengths and skills to develop comprehensive app concepts. They learned effective communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills essential for successful project execution.
5. Presentation and Communication Skills: The event provided an opportunity for students to present their ideas and app concepts in a clear and compelling manner. Participants enhanced their presentation and communication skills, learning how to effectively convey their design thinking process, research findings, and value proposition to a panel of judges or potential stakeholders.
Overall, the event enabled MBA students to acquire valuable skills in design thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, creativity, and effective communication. These learning outcomes will undoubtedly benefit them in their future careers as business leaders and innovators.